Thursday, July 12, 2012

JUST A STEP FROM THE TRUTH

Just A Step From The Truth

My eyes lay rested on the depth of the great chasm that lies before me
The feeling made me sick, full of anger, and most of all hateful
Everyone has, or had, a great chasm to cross in their life
There are no bridges, no jets, or planes
No way across, except the faith of life and the truth of your heart
One step decides the path you follow
Many would just stand at the edge, trying to draw to a conclusion
Others take a step and fall into their own inner darkness
Only few make it across to their destiny, much less make it to fame and glory
Having their name on a placard with the greats
Fame, a misleading word, it draws you in with riches, then it takes the beautiful glory of life away
My foot seemed to pick itself up
It only was weighed down by the wrongs I've performed before this time
Mid-step I stopped to think if I would fall,
But thought was the least of my worries, and I carried on with the action
My foot fell and my body along with it
No one was there to laugh, or cry, or even just to stare
No sound was displayed as I fell
Only accompanied by my hate and anger, I didn't make it out
That, that is when darkness comes ...

By Eloy Lang

No comments:

Post a Comment